Great Wave Therapies
What we will collect
We may collect the following information:
- For bookings we may collect any or all of the following:
- Your name, telephone number(s), postal address, e-mail address.
- During a consultation, we may also ask you to provide us with the following information:
- your personal or professional interests,
- your lifestyle,
- current or previous health conditions,
- your general background and wellbeing.
This is to ensure we deliver the best service to you and this information will not be disclosed or used for any marketing purposes (subject to the specific situations listed below).
- Internal client notes will be made as part of your therapy session(s).
We will store the information you give us securely, in line with all relevant and current Data Protection requirements.
How we use your information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with as good a service as possible and in particular for the following reasons:
- For your own safety.
- We may communicate with you by email, text or phone about a specific booking or in response to an enquiry made by you via our website, email or phone message.
- We may also contact you, by e-mail, phone or post, after you have received therapy as part of our client care procedure.
Your rights fall into the following categories:
Sharing your information
We will never sell or share your information with any other organisation for marketing purposes. We will only share your information:
- If we are required to do so by law;
- When there are serious concerns relating to your safety or the safety of others. For example, in the case of apparent risk of harm to yourself or others, if a child protection issue exists, there is concern regarding a criminal offence or act of terrorism or a need for onward referral to more specialist services;
- When, after discussion with you, it is agreed and you consent that we will refer you to another specialist or service who is better placed to meet your needs.
Your Rights under these regulations:
- The right to be informed – How your information is stored and used
- The right of access – A Subject Access Request
- The right to rectification – Correcting any information deemed incorrect
- The right to erasure – Removal from any storage mechanisms or filing systems
- The right to restrict processing – Permission to store but not to process data
- The right to data portability – Which allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily
- The right to object – For example: processing based on legitimate interests
- Rights to automated decision making – The right NOT to be subject to a decision.
- The right to complain – please see below.
Right to complain or change your mind
In the first instance we would like you to contact us if you are unhappy about anything relating to the information we hold about you. We would then endeavour to address your concerns with the aim of reaching a mutually agreeable outcome.
You may change your mind about the permission you have given us to use your personal information at any time by emailing us at:
or in writing to:
Data Protection Officer, Great Wave Therapies, 9 Elm Crescent, Kinsley, Pontefract WF9 5LT
You also have the right to complain by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office directly.
We would appreciate any feedback you have.
Client records shall be kept for at least 7 years following the last occasion on which therapy was given.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, then please contact us as soon as possible at the above address. We will correct any information which was found to be incorrect promptly.
Edited & customised by: Great Wave Therapies April 2018